If you manage a vehicle fleet of any size you know how complicated it is to keep up with each driver. Ford has a solution, Crew Chief, which puts you in command of your operations without missing any details.
How Does Crew Chief Work?
Crew Chief is an interplay of hardware and software, and it can be pre-installed at your Ford dealership. It works by using a GPS receiver, or “black-box,” that is connected to the sensor systems of your fleet vehicle. The data is collected in real time then stored and processed using a web application, which you can access from any computer with an internet connection. The data is presented to you in a user friendly screen, with customizable dashboards and tools that let you run reports and look at all the analytics.
Metrics and Features
Crew Chief offers metrics for a wide variety of attributes, from engine oil to breaking and acceleration patterns. Monitoring your vehicle’s metrics can help save thousands of dollars, by either detecting problems early on or by spotting inconsistent driving patterns. More specifically, Crew Chief can monitor the following systems:
- Oil life. Monitors the percentage remaining.
- Tire pressure. Sends you notifications when the low pressure light is on.
- Driver insurance. Notifies you when insurance is about to expire or has expired.
- Diagnostic trouble code. Also known as the “check engine light,” notifies you when it comes on.
- Engine coolant temperature.
- Excessive RPM. To avoid permanent engine damage or undesired driver behavior.
- Safety belt. The system alerts you when drivers are using the seatbelt.
- Airbag. Crew Chief notifies you when an airbag has been deployed or is faulty.
- Battery. Get instant alerts for a draining battery, so your drivers are never stranded.
- Excessive idling. Idling leads to poor fuel economy, which can cost you thousands.
- VIN. Records other vehicle information like engine size, model, make, etc. Great for recovering stolen vehicles.
- Driver license (expiration). It allows for storage of your team’s driver license numbers and expiry dates.
- Hard breaking/acceleration. Helps you keep safety a top priority.
While all these metrics are a great help when managing your fleet, the greatest feature of Crew Chief what you can do with this information. Get real time alerts and map overlays of your choosing. Crew Chief includes the latest commercially available satellite imagery and when coupled with turn-by-turn directions, become a great for assisting your drivers on the road.
Got a new job request? Not a problem, you can now find the closest available driver with just a few clicks. Since your fleet vehicles are always connected, Crew Chief can show you driven routes and alert you when drivers are speeding. In the end, Ford’s system allows you to become more efficient at using your available resources in real-time.
Once you’re used to the metrics and data, it only gets better. Crew Chief is integrated with a powerful reporting tool that lets you compare daily gas usage, miles, and many other parameters.
Lamarque Ford is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in New Orleans, LA. Located in Kenner, LA, Lamarque Ford is committed to providing you the best customer service and vehicle service for the life of your vehicle. Whether you’re on the market to purchase, finance, or service a new or used Ford vehicle, you’ve come to the right place.
Leave a Reply