If you’re in the market for a car, you’re probably looking at both new and used vehicles. While we understand a new car will offer the best bang for your buck, used cars are a more viable option when on a strict budget. However, used cars tend to have a bad reputation as there are many unknowns, like the car’s service history, accident reports, hidden problems and the overall state of the engine, transmission and frame. Fortunately, there’s Ford Certified Pre-Owned (Ford CPO), a testing and inspection program that ensures you get the best quality Fords out there. Let’s take a look at the basics.
Testing and Inspection
As part of the Ford Certified Pre-Owned program, Ford thoroughly tests and inspects each certified pre-owned model to meet only the highest quality standards, covering a wide range of items. Each test specifically targets common known problem areas of wear and tear and addresses them by repairing or replacing the parts affected. In addition, all certified Fords have been driven for less than 80,000 miles, which guarantees engine and other parts are in great condition before even being inspected! Here’s an overall look at the inspection process:
- Vehicle’s History. It addresses VIN inspection, service or manufacturer’s recalls, scheduled maintenance and emissions stickers.
- Road Test. Focuses on the actual drivability of the vehicle. Items like engine starts, acceleration, cruise control, break performance, shocks, cabin noise and dashboard gauges are checked.
- Vehicle Exterior. This is your car’s first line of defense against the elements and it requires a comprehensive inspection. Certified Ford technicians look at body panels, bumpers, doors, handles and their operating mechanisms. Mirrors, windshields and lights are also tested during this part of the process.
- Vehicle Interior. In this step, everything from the air conditioning to the stereo system are inspected. We pay especial attention to the vehicle’s safety features like airbags and seat-belts, so you can rest assured your Ford will retain its safety rating.
- Diagnostics. Aside from visual and mechanical inspections, we run a self diagnostic for all CMDTCs (Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Codes).
- Underhood. All the vehicle’s fluids are checked, flushed and replaced if needed. The engine’s belts, hoses, moving parts and wiring are inspected, along with the cooling, fuel and electrical systems. As you can see, nothing in our certified cars goes unnoticed.
- Underbody. From bumper to bumper, we look at the used car’s underbody and determine its frame strength and transmission and exhaust performance. We also look at a vehicle’s most important (and often overlooked) safety features: your wheels, tires and breaking system.
Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are more than just a used car. As you learned, Ford takes quality very seriously and it’s confident on its testing process. That’s why every Ford CPO comes with a 12-month/12,000 mile comprehensive limited warranty coverage and a 7-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty, which covers engine, transmission, steering, electrical components and much more. See the full list of Ford CPO limited warranty coverage. Ford also offers 24/7 roadside assistance for the whole duration of the limited warranty coverage.
Where Do I Get One?
We’re glad you ask. Lamarque Ford of New Orleans offers a great selection of used vehicles, including Ford Certified Pre-Owned. From Mustangs to F-150s, you’ll find just the Ford you’re looking for. Come visit us today so we can show you our current inventory and experience the Lamarque customer service.
Lamarque Ford is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in New Orleans, LA. Located in Kenner, LA, Lamarque Ford is committed to providing you the best customer service and vehicle service for the life of your vehicle. Whether you’re on the market to purchase, finance, or service a new or used Ford vehicle, you’ve come to the right place.