The all-new 2015 Ford Edge is seeing a complete redesign and upgrades across the board. Ford has introduced a new global model and will be available in most markets around the world. After its introduction in 2006, Ford took the cross-over market by storm and the Edge grew popular in the Americas, Asia and Europe. The new “One Ford” approach promises to bring unified models that have an international appeal, as the company works with a global team of engineers and designers. Let’s see what the 2015 Edge has to offer from top to bottom.
Most notable in the 2015 Ford Edge are its redesigned headlamps and grille, bringing it up to date with the current design language seen in the Fusion, Fiesta and Taurus. Ford has opted for a slightly larger body, with wheelbase measuring at 112.2 in and space added vertically and horizontally. The Edge’s side panels got leaner too, adding a stronger and more athletic deisgn. The rear of the 2015 Edge gets noticeable upgrades, like all-new taillights that mimic those found on more luxurious vehicles like Lexus and Lincoln. Overall, the new Edge has a more sophisticated and upscale look that follows Ford’s new design guidelines.
For 2015, Ford is retooling their mid-size crossover with a slew of new gadgets and driving assisting technologies. Although the interior layout remains largely unchanged, the 2015 Ford Edge gains about seven cubic feet of space and an all-new console. Here are the upgrades:
- Adaptive Steering. This technology allows for tighter turns at low speeds and more dynamic steering on the highway. Adaptive steering accomplishes this by changing the ratio between speed and the steering wheel.
- Lane-Keeping System. Ford Edge uses a front camera and ultrasonic sensors to alert the driver if the car drifts off its lane. Although the vehicle won’t take over steering, it will produce a strong vibration on the steering wheel.
- BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert. It stands for Blind Spot Information System and it uses two rear sensors to warn the driver when other cars enter the vehicle’s blind spots. It also warns for coming traffic when backing up at slow speeds.
- Adaptive Cruise Control. The 2015 Ford Edge can detect traffic ahead and slow down until traffic has cleared.
- Active Park Assist. Thanks to its available ultrasonic sensors and cameras, Ford Edge helps you park in most parking situations, parallel or perpendicular.
- 180º Camera. The new front camera literally lets you see around corners as it can see ahead of every turn.
The 2015 Ford Edge engine lineup is kind of a big deal. It is the first time Ford is offering its EcoBoost technology standard for the entry level model, which speaks volumes on the confidence the company has found with these engines. The base model EcoBoost sports a 2 liter, 4 cylinder design with a twin-scroll turbo that delivers enough power and fuel efficiency for a comfortable ride. Next is the most powerful offering, a V6 2.7 liter EcoBoost with 300 horsepower and impressive handling, thanks to its turbo-charger and direct injection fuel system. The 2015 Edge also carries over the 3.5 V6 which delivers 285 horsepower.
Lamarque Ford is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in New Orleans, LA. Located in Kenner, LA, Lamarque Ford is committed to providing you the best customer service and vehicle service for the life of your vehicle. Whether you’re on the market to purchase, finance, or service a new or used Ford vehicle, you’ve come to the right place.