If you’re a Saints Fan, you know there are good years to be a fan and there are bad years. Nonetheless, if you’re a Saints fan- you’re a fan for life! We have our ups and downs, and luckily this year is an up.
When it’s a good year, we try to forget about the bad ones. So, in honor of the season where we have continuously achieved greatness, here are some of our favorite Saints moments:
- Tom Dempsey’s record breaking field goal—On Nov., 8th 1970 when Dempsey kicked the 63-yard field goal he set a record in Tulane Stadium that has yet to be broken over 40 years later.
- The New Orleans Superdome opened—In 1975, the Saints moved to the New Orleans Superdome, and although it wasn’t the best of times, it was the beginning of a new era.
- The addition of Drew Brees—In 2006 when Drew Brees joined the team, he kick-started the city and made it a great time to be a Saints fan. He quickly became the face of the team and a pillar of the New Orleans community.
- Winning Super Bowl XLIV—In 2009, the Saints had their best season yet with a record of 13-3. They went on to win the Super Bowl against the Indianapolis Colts—the first time for both seed one teams to go to the Super Bowl in 16 years.
- This 2013 season—there’s no time like the present and right now the Saints have an impressive winning record. Let’s just say there could be another Super Bowl in our future.
Let’s Geaux Saints!