For the last few years, Ford has developed smarter technologies that enhance driving, safety and comfort. Driven by research and Ford’s competitive spirit, the company has found ways to improve their vehicles in a a wide variety of ways. With connectivity systems like SYNC, AppLink, and MyFord Touch, Ford has made its technology available to millions. Let’s take a look at Ford’s center console solution that is connecting drivers everywhere.
What Is Ford SYNC?
SYNC is Ford’s proprietary in-car communications system that allows drivers to interact with their vehicle and a device in new ways. SYNC combines advanced voice commands and services like traffic into the following features:
- Hands-free calling. Without taking their eyes off the road, drivers can simply press the talk button on their steering wheels and say the name of a contact in their phones to make a call.
- Audible text messages. Ford SYNC can read incoming messages out loud, and will even give the driver an option to reply.
- Voice-activated music. When SYNC is paired with a phone or media player, it can recognize music playing commands and the titles of your songs, albums, artists, even genres.
- Vehicle health report. SYNC is also connected to the vehicle’s sensors and monitoring systems, and can generate an overall health report and notify the driver via email or text.
- Traffic. Integrated GPS allows the system to constantly monitor traffic conditions and can even notify the owner of traffic updates via text message.
- Directions. SYNC offers turn-by-turn directions integration, as well as a search database of more than 14 million businesses, which can be accessed via voice commands.
- Information. Ford owners can customize their voice commands content to match their needs, choosing from different categories like weather by city, sports scores, and news.
In addition, Ford SYNC offers an optional in-car WiFi, which works by plugging in a USB broadband modem in the center console and sharing the signal throughout the vehicle. As opposed to the competitors’ dealership installed solutions, this system allows the owner to upgrade to faster/different modems of their choice without any further set-ups or installations.
AppLink is at its core a tool for developers to extend the capabilities of their apps. This translates into apps that can be controlled through voice commands and the buttons on your Ford’s steering wheel, without ever taking attention off of driving. Devices running Android and Blackberry can be controlled via Bluetooth and Apple devices via the USB charger.
Visit Lamarque Ford to see which vehicles come equipped with SYNC and to find out more about Ford’s in car technology.
Lamarque Ford is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in New Orleans, LA. Located in Kenner, LA, Lamarque Ford is committed to providing you the best customer service and vehicle service for the life of your vehicle. Whether you’re on the market to purchase, finance, or service a new or used Ford vehicle, you’ve come to the right place.