Even though Thanksgiving seems like forever away and Christmas and New Years’ seem even further, they are really right around the corner. The holidays are stressful, and when everyone seems to be at their wit’s end, do not let the car hold everyone up. After all, you haven’t even arrived at Grandma’s house yet. And while you do have a little bit longer to bake your pies and buy your presents, there are some things you should be doing to get your car ready now.
Many of the things it takes to get your vehicle trip ready are small, but the small things add up and it is important to have the resources and the time to get everything fixed. Here are some of the small, but important things to get checked out before a big road trip:
• Tire alignment–uneven tires can lead to bigger (and badder) problems down the road so it is better to get them figured out NOW!
• Fluids–this means, windshield wiper, rain protectant spray, coolant, and transmission fluid. Better to top them all off now than have to pull over later!
• Oil change–if you have heard this a thousand times, it is still not enough. While we hate to beat a dead horse, we can not stress the importance of a good oil change enough!
• Air filter–it can cause faulty power, and no one wants that!
• Lights–this means all of them! Head lights, brake lights, running lights, etc. While you need it for your basic safety, you also do not want to get pulled over (and have to explain to the family what held the pecan pie up).
These are just a few of the important ones, but make sure your mechanic does a comprehensive check on your car before you hit the road. And remember, the Lamarque Ford technicians are always here to help!