This Thursday, Ford will unveil the 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility at the Chicago Auto Show. The new vehicle comes from a collaboration between Ford and law enforcement agencies seeking the perfect interceptor, and it is the most driver-centric vehicle.
The new 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility has a redesigned front and back with upgraded headlamps, which give it a meaner look and better visibility. Inside, the electrical system has been upgraded to better distribute electrical loads and to power the new instrument panel.
Ford is introducing a new technology called “Surveillance Mode,” which warns the driver if someone approaches the vehicle from the rear. Once enhanced, the system rises all the windows and locks all the doors to protect the officer.
Thanks to Ford’s own Police Advisory Board, which was formed to develop future iterations with help of agency veterans, the new Ford Police Interceptor is featured-packed and offers innovations in every front. Here’s a list of the biggest changes coming in 2016:
- Rear Camera. Now standard in every Interceptor Utility, it gives cops the chance to better monitor their surroundings. It also acts as a parking aide.
- Liftgate Release Switch. It times out the rear liftgate so it remains open for 45 seconds. This feature came directly from customer feedback.
- Standard All-Wheel Drive. Designed for high-speed handling and maneuverability and low-speed improved traction.
- Available 3.5-liter EcoBoost Engine, producing 365 horsepower and 350 lb. of torque.
- New improved heavy-duty suspension, for rough city surfaces and off-road pursuit.
- New six-speed transmission with Pursuit Mode. Automatically detects driving conditions and switches from normal driving for improved fuel economy, and Pursuit Mode for aggressive high-speed chases. Pursuit Mode is also programmed to perform a J-Turn.
- Enhanced cooling system and high venting features throughout the vehicle.
- High-strength steel frame.
- Designed in Dearborn, built in Chicago.
Additionally, all engines and features have been tested and calibrated to meet the demanding requirements of law-enforcement agencies. Ford is first to introduce many of these features and is always working with law-enforcement agencies to improve these vehicles.
Lamarque Ford is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in New Orleans, LA. Located in Kenner, LA, Lamarque Ford is committed to providing you the best customer service and vehicle service for the life of your vehicle. Whether you’re on the market to purchase, finance, or service a new or used Ford vehicle, you’ve come to the right place.by